• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jasmine2394ever

What is the name of your state? California
My mother died in may and my older brother was the beneficary of her Life Insurance policy..... I didnt get to go back to Nebraska and see my mom before she died.. But after talking to 2 of my brother and sisters my older brother said he was going to split the money between the 6 kids.... well the others got their share and he decided I didnt need my share that he said and I quote "he could find better uses for it.. Is there any legal action I can take after he went back on his word???????????

H

hexeliebe

Unless you were also named as a beneficiary on the policy there is nothing legally you can do. But wait until others give you their opinion on this matter before acting.

However, hiring a guy named "Guido" to invite him to a 'come to jesus' meeting wouldn't be a bad idea.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jasmine2394ever said:
What is the name of your state? California
My mother died in may and my older brother was the beneficary of her Life Insurance policy..... I didnt get to go back to Nebraska and see my mom before she died.. But after talking to 2 of my brother and sisters my older brother said he was going to split the money between the 6 kids.... well the others got their share and he decided I didnt need my share that he said and I quote "he could find better uses for it.. Is there any legal action I can take after he went back on his word???????????

My response:

You've got nothing. The promise of an unfulfilled gift is not actionable.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Hey BUD!!!!

you're being awfully quiet tonight.

Anything going on?

J

jasmine2394ever

Its not fair all the other brothers and sisters got their share

hexeliebe said:
Unless you were also named as a beneficiary on the policy there is nothing legally you can do. But wait until others give you their opinion on this matter before acting.

However, hiring a guy named "Guido" to invite him to a 'come to jesus' meeting wouldn't be a bad idea.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:
good to hear. Just concerned.

My response:

Thanks. It's always good to hear from you too. Nothing to be concerned about. Just chilling. I guess I'm waiting for that one, stupid poster to come on the forums to wake me up, and then I can unleash all four barrels!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Well damn, why didn't you say so earlier. I just went 12 rounds with DChristian but had to step down from my 'high horse' to punch her in the nose. :D:D:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">