• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tscreeton

Hello, I am located in Indiana.

My father recently died and I have some disturbing confusion over the beneficiary. My father told me and my four brothers that we were all listed as beneficiaries on both his policies. However, I am now finding out that the policies have been changed recently. I started doing some digging and found out that my oldest brother forged my father's name to become the sole beneficiary and power of attorney to both policies. Additionally, this oldest brother told all of us that the funeral expences totaled $15,000. I did not believe him due to the other info I had found out - I had the funeral home fax the funeral totals - they were $10,500. What legalities can I follow to fix this situation. He is obviously attempting to take all the insurance benefits.

justalayman

do you know who the insurance company is? If so, contact them and tell them you believe the bene's have been changed fraudulently.

now sure what the situation with the funeral bill is. Did you all divide the costs amongst you? Dad's estate should have paid for the funeral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">