• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benefits for some but not all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nutsy

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Iwork for small hospital full time. They offer medical insurance that they wave the deductibles on for employees that use their facility. However I buy my insurance from my husband's employer because it is cheaper. I have to pay all my co-payments and deductibles. They are also now offering a weight control program with gym use for free for those that buy their insurance. I feel that I am a subject of discrimination because I don't get the same benefits as the other full time employees. Is this legal? :confused:

BelizeBreeze

nutsy said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Iwork for small hospital full time. They offer medical insurance that they wave the deductibles on for employees that use their facility. However I buy my insurance from my husband's employer because it is cheaper. I have to pay all my co-payments and deductibles. They are also now offering a weight control program with gym use for free for those that buy their insurance. I feel that I am a subject of discrimination because I don't get the same benefits as the other full time employees. Is this legal? :confused:
Every bit of it is perfectly legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you took their insurance, you too would receive these perks. You CHOSE to take your husband's insurance instead. You are not entitled to the perks that come along with the insurance you declined.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">