• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benefits privacy ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wissanin

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I am wondering who is able to find out how much money I am receiving for survivors benefits ? Is this private information or can certain organizations/people have access to this information ? :confused:

wissanin

school lunch program

No, its nothing like that. I filled out a form for free/reduced school lunches and they told me I had to put my childrens survivor benefits as income. I don't see this as fair to any of us, especially, when I cannot afford to pay my regular household bills, therefore, cannot afford to have another $100 lunch bill thrown into the pile. I was wondering if org.'s such as schools can get in to see if I'm telling the truth or not. :(

zippysgoddess

Since free or reduced cost school lunches are funded by the government, when you sign the form, you grant them permission to verify the information, trying to hide info can also be construed as fraud, so yes, you need to put it all on there!!

Remember, this is a government program, so you aren't just playing with some small school district, mess up and you could find yourself in court, trying to avoid fines and/or a jail sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">