• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sik06

What is the name of your state?New York I have worked for a company for 12 years. Our employee handbook outlines our benefits. We received a letter the other day stating that we will be losing our holiday pay, funeral leave pay, jury duty pay and everyone will only get 2 weeks vacation. Originally we got 2 weeks vacation, then 3 weeks after 6 years and 4 weeks after 8 years. Can they just take away vacation people worked years to accumlate? Also they paid my medical insurance in full for me and now they are telling us they will only pay $280.00 towards it. (which leave me with about 135.00 a week to come up with.) I have not gotten a raise in 3 or 4 years because they paid my medical insurance and now I have to pay all this additional money towards it. Can they just write a letter and take away all the benefits we have aquired over the years? Thanks

pattytx

Yes they can, because there is no law in New York requiring any benefits at all. It may not be fair, but it is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">