• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsmyth

so this may be an odd question but here goes
I work in the hospitality industry I have been with the same company for 7 years
recently the company owner who is of indian descent recently he hired a few indian families he puts them up rent free pays there electric gas sewer water cable internet purchased them a tv a computer freezer beds and so on plus pays them a salary me ant the rest of my coworkers are not of indian descent we only receive hourly wage no benefits are we being discriminated against?

quincy

so this may be an odd question but here goes
I work in the hospitality industry I have been with the same company for 7 years
recently the company owner who is of indian descent recently he hired a few indian families he puts them up rent free pays there electric gas sewer water cable internet purchased them a tv a computer freezer beds and so on plus pays them a salary me ant the rest of my coworkers are not of indian descent we only receive hourly wage no benefits are we being discriminated against?
Are they his family members?

quincy

From what you have said, it appears that your employer is showing favoritism to those of Indian descent (like himself) but, because I know nothing of the “whys” behind this disparate treatment, I cannot tell you if there is any illegal discrimination.

quincy

yeah this is a bit more difficult than a cut and dry situation but I thank you for your time
You’re welcome, hsmyth. I appreciate the thanks. Sorry I cannot provide you with a clear answer to your question.

hsmyth

so the non indian employees get no benefits what so ever and the indian employees get there housing and every bill in the house taken care of they are allowed to eat breakfast from the breakfast bar at the hotel we are not the get all there linnens from the hotel and laundered by employees I am used as there personal maintenance man at the house they get picked up and dropped off we have employees that walk every day a lot further and please let me express to everyone I hold no prejudice here they are good people and hard workers there is no issue there faireness is my only issue

quincy

so the non indian employees get no benefits what so ever and the indian employees get there housing and every bill in the house taken care of they are allowed to eat breakfast from the breakfast bar at the hotel we are not the get all there linnens from the hotel and laundered by employees I am used as there personal maintenance man at the house they get picked up and dropped off we have employees that walk every day a lot further and please let me express to everyone I hold no prejudice here they are good people and hard workers there is no issue there faireness is my only issue
I am definitely curious as to WHY the employer is treating the Indian employees so well but I only am seeing a possible unfairness in the employer’s treatment of you and the other non-Indian employees and not illegal discrimination. The WHY is important.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, I think we can all agree it's likely unfair. But the law doesn't care if something is unfair. The law only cares if something is illegal. So far, nothing you have posted is clear evidence of illegal discrimination.

Just Blue

I am definitely curious as to WHY the employer is treating the Indian employees so well but I only am seeing a possible unfairness in the employer’s treatment of you and the other non-Indian employees and not illegal discrimination. The WHY is important.
Perhaps they are being sponsored?

Just tossing an idea out there...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">