• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

benifecary or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadincalif

in Calif, my father passed away with no will but is in probate now. HIs "black widow "girlfriend was named the benifaray to his life insurance.. I know that there is nothing we can do about that but now my sister is telling me since she is named in his life insurance she is also a benifecary to his estate? How can that be? they were not married or living together .. and life insurance is outside the estate? is my sister blowing out smoke?

BelizeBreeze

in Calif, my father passed away with no will but is in probate now. HIs "black widow "girlfriend was named the benifaray to his life insurance.. I know that there is nothing we can do about that but now my sister is telling me since she is named in his life insurance she is also a benifecary to his estate?
Tell your sister to go to drug rehab....either that, or she is a complete idiot.
How can that be?
see above.
they were not married or living together .. and life insurance is outside the estate? is my sister blowing out smoke?
She's smoking something.

Betty

Agree that life ins. passes outside the estate & will go to the bene named in the policy. The estate proceeds after expenses & debts are paid will be distributed according to the intestate succession law of the state of California. Your sister is wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">