• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best intrest of the child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Indiana.Child is living in an unstable inviroment.Always passed around to people.Grandparents are worried.His parents are young getting divorced.Child has stayed with his grandparents 3/4 of the tim.How can we get costudy of him.The father is not really his,his mother is our daughter.Our daughter wants to run around all the time with her friend.
Last edited:



you have no rights

unless you have proof of abuse or neglect you have no chance of getting custody. the parents have more rights then anyone else, including grandparents.


Senior Member
if the parents are young and getting divorced right now, and having the child bounced around everywhere, you might want to just have a nice little talk with them and see if allow someone else to be guardian until all of the upheaval is done. if, in fact the situation is as you describe, they might be thankful knowing that the child is safe and secure (and available to them any time) until the dust settles from the divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential