• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best way to contact trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cyana

What is the name of your state? Delaware

What's the best way to contact a trustee...

if you have evidence of fraud in regards to a bk filing - lots of it. Should I call the trustee and see how he wants to handle it (if he wants to handle it)? Should I send preliminary info by certified mail and then hope for a request for detailed info? My ex is potentially perjuring himself all over the place, especially in regard to a transfer of business assets to the former owner and then from the former owner to ex's new wife. I have access to PACER now and saw my ex's Ch 7 bk filing on it and the things he has put down are just outrageous.

Btw, I have my 341 meeting tomorrow. Hope it goes smoothly.

Thanks

:)

djohnson

You should let you attorney handle it. He is getting paid to represent you in the bankruptcy and any faulty information should be made aware to him.

C

cyana

Two different bankruptcies

Excuse me, djohnson, but I just came from 341 with my attorney which went very smoothly. His representation of me is now complete, except for representing me (for a fee) against any creditor objections. He feels that is unlikely. He is under no obligation to field any questions pertaining to my ex's bankruptcy. I have him informed of my ex's *potential* fraud, in the event that my ex's creditors file objections against him, because if my ex were fined or jailed it could impact the amount of "family support" I receive from ex. I used the same lawyer for my divorce and my bk and that's the only reason I felt compelled to tell my lawyer. My ex-husband's 341 is next Wednesday. Because his business creditors were calling here (my ex moved out October 2000) because they thought he lived here. The info I gave several of his business creditors *might* cause some of them to "object" to his discharge.

djohnson

Ok Let me get this right. He has not committed this fraudulent act against you or your bankruptcy? Where would your benefit be in trying to get him in trouble when if it doesn't concern you, you can't be completely sure of what he owes. Is is going to be worth your time and trouble just to possibly get back at him? If you have access to pacer then you have the information needed to get the info to the trustee but chances are he is just going to see a vengeful ex trying to cause trouble unless you have proof to back up what you "think".

G

gottago

Let it go.... you have revenge on your mind.

Going around making statements to creditors could end up getting you into trouble if you say something that's inaccurate or harmful.

If you feel that he did something wrong, write a letter to the trustee.

Remember, if you know a lot about his financial affairs, he probably knows a lot about yours.

Never make someone that has your personal financial information angry....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">