• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bi-Polar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

docswidow

i have tried several insurance companies and not one of them will insure me because i am bi-polar(manic-depressive). i don't think it's fair. i have never tried to harm myself or anyone else. i can't even get them to put a rider on the insurance to cover everything except my bi-polar. anyone have any advice? i need insurance.
thanks in arkansas

Beth3

My State offers State sponsored health insurance for individuals who have been denied coverage by carriers because they don't meet underwriting standards due to a health condition. (You still have to pay the premiums though - State sponsored doesn't mean State paid.)

Your State may have something similar. Contact your State's Insurance Commission and inquire.

M

marrenzy

bipolar

I am also BP, and have never had any problem getting insurance auto or home. I see no reason to disclose this information to either of these companies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">