• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

big ooops!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pk2525

What is the name of your state? Illinois.
My boyfriend and I were living together. We got into a very heated argument one night. We were both under the influance of alcohol. The argument progressivly got worse. I pushed him and he pushed me back. It got physical. I ended up with bruises on my face and body. One of our neighboors called the police. We were questioned seperatly and we both refused to press charges against one another. So we were both arrested. I went to the hospital, he went streight to jail. Than I ended up there as well. We both posted bond the following morning. Now its two separate cases of Illinois vs him and I. I don't have any prior domestic history. He does. We both want to put this whole thing behind us. Since than we have broken up and we both moved to our separate homes. How do we go about getting this case droppedor atleast not getting into any more trouble?

Sincerely

pk

Happy Trails

pk2525 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois.
My boyfriend and I were living together. We got into a very heated argument one night. We were both under the influance of alcohol. The argument progressivly got worse. I pushed him and he pushed me back. It got physical. I ended up with bruises on my face and body. One of our neighboors called the police. We were questioned seperatly and we both refused to press charges against one another. So we were both arrested. I went to the hospital, he went streight to jail. Than I ended up there as well. We both posted bond the following morning. Now its two separate cases of Illinois vs him and I. I don't have any prior domestic history. He does. We both want to put this whole thing behind us. Since than we have broken up and we both moved to our separate homes. How do we go about getting this case droppedor atleast not getting into any more trouble?
Sincerely

pk
You don't, it's out of your hands now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">