• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smom777

Big Problem with x wife

What is the name of your state? WA
Ok I am the step mom of two kids, 8 and 11, my husband and I rarely use physical punishment in anyway shape or form, we have discipline in our home but it is monetary, work oriented or loss of priviledges. The childrens mother does not discipline the children at all , her home is a free for all, she uses manipulation and bribing to get the children to do what she wants them to do.

K so, recently my s daughter went home and told her mother, that there was a day several weeks ago, that she was in my car, next to me, I was on the cellphone and I asked them to be quiet, she said they didnt be quiet and I slapped her on the leg.
THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE!
I am disturbed that either that either the s daughter lied or that mom just took something an ran with it. We found this out by s.mom calling and spewing venom over the phone, like she isnt supposed to according to a court order.She then called the sheriff, and he called my husband, he said " do you know that there is someone in your home disciplining your child?"" My husband responded with "yes, and she is allowed to use the discipline that is normal and customary in our household." The sheriff replied with, " ok thank you, sorry to bother you"

Ok so this is fine, right its all over, we talked to the kids. But I am worried that the next thing will be worse, to the point of I dont even want to be alone with them anymore, I cant trust them. They lie about a lot of things anyway, just to get their way. So who knows. What should I do? Please help?

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
But I am worried that the next thing will be worse, to the point of I dont even want to be alone with them anymore, I cant trust them.
Probably your best option.

Options

I agree also. I would look into counselling, though, for the kids. There is something going on in their heads, some reason why they'd want to hurt you. They probably don't realize the severity of their threats, they just heard something somewhere about someone getting in trouble for excessive punishment and thought it sounded good.

I HATED my step-dad for YEARS. I hated him because my mom talked trash about my dad and he believed it. My dad never talked trash about my mom, so my step-mom never had anything bad to say about her, so I never had any problems with her. I never messed with legal stuff, but I did everything else I could to get rid of him. Didn't work, though. It just caused a LOT of problems between my mom and I.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">