• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Billing dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gersen

While visiting my brother (out of state) I had an attack of abdominal pain and visited the emergency room. The bill for $1136.50 went to my insurance company and the provider agreed to a discounted amount of $1022.85. This was part of my deductible (I have an MSA) so I paid $1022.85. Now the provider says that if the insurance company was paying they would accept the discounted amount, but because I am paying I have to pay the full amount. I don't understand why my money is not as good as the insurance company's.

It's only $113, but I have to admit the thing that irks me the most is that despite the $1100 of tests they didn't find anything. When I had another attack a month later I went to a local doctor who examined me for two minutes, said "gall bladder" and confirmed it with $300 worth of tests. Do I have to pay premium prices for a misdiagnosis?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney cllient relationship.

If the first doctor you went to was supported by your insurance company, you might be able to sue the insurance company, in addition to the first doctor, for failure to provide services (insurance company) and doctor (medical malpractice).

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">