• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Billing Entered wrong info on insurance Card. Now in collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MajorRat

Virginia

Wife was denied credit for 1.3 million on business load

Checked her credit report saw a medical bill in collections

Called medical billing, they said they ran it through her insurance but it came back as unknown individual. (18 Jan 2017)

They also sent the bill to an old address, but sent a completely different bill to the correct address, so they say.

I called insurance company (ChampVA). They said they never received anything from that medical billing. They told me they might have put the name or some information wrong and got rejected. He went on to say they give these companies 1 year to get it right. He said they are supposed to contact them when there is a problem. He also said they paid out another claim to another billing that same month, so my wife was covered. He told me I shouldn't be responsible since it was their mistake.

I am calling the billing back in the morning. I am demanding they remove this from her credit report.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Just Blue

Virginia

Wife was denied credit for 1.3 million on business load

Checked her credit report saw a medical bill in collections

Called medical billing, they said they ran it through her insurance but it came back as unknown individual. (18 Jan 2017)

They also sent the bill to an old address, but sent a completely different bill to the correct address, so they say.

I called insurance company (ChampVA). They said they never received anything from that medical billing. They told me they might have put the name or some information wrong and got rejected. He went on to say they give these companies 1 year to get it right. He said they are supposed to contact them when there is a problem. He also said they paid out another claim to another billing that same month, so my wife was covered. He told me I shouldn't be responsible since it was their mistake.

I am calling the billing back in the morning. I am demanding they remove this from her credit report.

Do I have a leg to stand on?
No. YOU don't have a leg to stand on...but the actual legal party may. (hint...your wife. ;) )

MajorRat

No. YOU don't have a leg to stand on...but the actual legal party may. (hint...your wife. ;) )
Thanks, I know she's the one. But how should we handle it right now. We simply want it removed right away because the bank is going to check on this.

MajorRat

Thanks, I know she's the one. But how should we handle it right now. We simply want it removed right away because the bank is going to check on this.
BTW, I'm the policy holder. I'm a 100% disabled vet, so she has my fed blue cross and ChampVA.

adjusterjack

Well, it's not going to get removed until it's paid. And, even then, all that might happen is that it will show as paid on the credit report.

This is a good argument for following up frequently to make sure medical bills (or any kind of bills) get paid properly when you rely on someone else to pay them.

FlyingRon

It's up to you to make sure the provider gets paid whether you have insurance or not. I'm quite sure that there weren't bills sent before this went to collections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">