• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bio dad passed away, someone else listed as father on BC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He was demanding overnight visits (week long) so that he could train him in the "Dominican way" so that he could be a soldier of God. My son was exclusively breastfed at the time (only 3 weeks old). I offered him visits, any time he wished. He refused saying he will only see him if he can leave with him. Fast forward a few months after hearing nothing else from him, I began receiving threatening texts. He said the monster has been unleashed, among other things. I still have all his texts. That's when I began to consider my options and went with changing the BC and moving from my residence.
You chose to let him have visits. You didn't have to do that. You went with breaking the law and committing a crime. Nice job.

You chose to let him have visits. You didn't have to do that. You went with breaking the law and committing a crime. Nice job.
Yeah, okay. I did what I thought I had to do at the time. Lock me up for trying to protect my son. He was unhinged and threatening to steal my son, so he could "raise him in the Dominican way." Thanks for your helpful replies.

Just Blue

Yeah, okay. I did what I thought I had to do at the time. Lock me up for trying to protect my son. He was unhinged and threatening to steal my son, so he could "raise him in the Dominican way." Thanks for your helpful replies.
You would do well to pay attention to OhioGALs posts. She is a Family Law Attorney/GAL.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have nothing against the Dominicans. I love their good works. He was insisting on taking a NEWBORN baby for weeks at a time. He was mentally ill. He had "friends" who were in and out of the prison system who he claimed were going to help him. I had just had a baby and was doing the best I could.
You were the one who brought up he was going to raise the baby in the Dominican way and that concerned you. Again, you were ignorant to the law and didn't have to let him take the baby. However, that doesn't change the fact that you lied, most likely under penalty of perjury, when you committed fraud and added your current husband to the birth certificate. That makes you disreputable.
And he threatened to steal YOUR son? That child was his. The one who committed theft was you WHEN you and your current man STOLE his rights as a father. You are the only thief here. He threatened to take his child? YOU STOLE HIS CHILD FROM HIM when you committed fraud.

OMG! I'm gonna build a bunker.
I see now that this forum is useless. Thanks for all of the help. I will strive to be as perfect as you all are. In the meantime, I will work on telling my boy the truth. Whatever mistakes I've made, I'm just trying to do the right thing.

You were the one who brought up he was going to raise the baby in the Dominican way and that concerned you. Again, you were ignorant to the law and didn't have to let him take the baby. However, that doesn't change the fact that you lied, most likely under penalty of perjury, when you committed fraud and added your current husband to the birth certificate. That makes you disreputable.
And he threatened to steal YOUR son? That child was his. The one who committed theft was you WHEN you and your current man STOLE his rights as a father. You are the only thief here. He threatened to take his child? YOU STOLE HIS CHILD FROM HIM when you committed fraud.
Just to clarify, I did not let him take the baby!

Just Blue

I see now that this forum is useless. Thanks for all of the help. I will strive to be as perfect as you all are. In the meantime, I will work on telling my boy the truth. Whatever mistakes I've made, I'm just trying to do the right thing.
Oh Stop...I was just teasing. Sorry that I offended you.

No but you stole the baby from him when you lied … and it is not about being perfect but it is about following the law. You didn't. YOU committed perjury or at least fraud.
I did not steal the baby. He was not even trying to see him. He didn't even call for months to see if his boy was alive or dead. It wasn't until I got the severely disturbing threatening texts that I moved to change the BC. I was afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">