• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Biological Father Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? The State of Rhode Island

Children are under Dept of Human Services in Massachusetts

How do I go about getting custody of my children. The mother has recently passed away.

The state of Massachusetts are in the process of placeing my children in foster home placement.

What should I do.


Junior Member
Why were they placed with the state???

Is there anything in your background that would make them not want to give them to u?

Are you on the birth certificate???

When was the last time you saw them???

You have to go to the courts and file for immed. custody. I know some places in emergency situations will bring it in front of a lawyer wuicker if it has to deal with the welfare of the children. Hope this helps.


Senior Member
has paternity ever been established for these children? are there any current orders regarding custody/placement/support? Do the children know you?

You should get a lawyer to handle this, otherwise a layperson could easily get bogged down in all the paperwork and rules that go along with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential