• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Black mold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AshleyScales

In the state of Louisiana what are the tenant landlord laws regarding black mold? I am renting a trailer and when I moved in I saw a little bit of black mold. I notified the landlord he said he would take care of it. fast forward a month later one of my bathrooms is covered in black mold. you can smell it as soon as you step into the trailer. I mention it again when he asked for rent and he tells me that we can't stay here until it's fixed. he only has one property available and it is a downsize but still wants me to pay the amount of rent for the trailer and he doesn't know when the trailer will be fixed. does this sound legal? or what can I do to ensure the safety of me and my children and also make sure that it's fair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">