• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bladder surgery complication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debra0831

What is the name of your state? Texas
I had a hysterectomy with a bladder suspension in December 2003. I have had continual bladder pain since the surgery. My OBGyn could not figure out why I was still hurting. I asked him to send me to a Urologist. The Urologist ran several tests, the last one being a bladder scope where she discovered a nylon stitch that was looped in the bladder. She said that the stitch was not pulled tightly when the suspension was done. She led me to believe that my OBGyn may have made an error. She said he being "older" and such. She said she would let him know what she found and that he would be calling me. He has not contacted me. I have paid for all the tests and now I have to have another surgery to correct the problem. I do not know if I have a case or not? I trusted my OBGyn but feel that these additional costs could have been prevented.
Thank you for your advice.

ellencee

Debra0831
It depends on whether or not this represents a known risk; most likely, it does.

I encourage you to get second and third opinions (even if by asking questions of your currently treating urologist) before you have additional surgery--check out your options. Find out if this situation will resolve without surgical intervention.

If you search previous posts on this issue, you will find that additional surgery to correct this problem may be the beginning of a never-ending nightmare of GU problems.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">