• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blending existing whole life policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kneelix

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I have a whole life policy with New York Life that I bought in 2000. It has a paid up additions rider on it but not a term rider. I recently found out about blending whole life and term into a policy to reduce premiums compared to a whole life policy. I was not presented this option at the time I was sold the policy.

Is there a way to change the existing whole life policy to a blended one retroactively at this point? Or am I stuck?

I asked the agent who sold me the policy if this could be done and he flat out said no.

Thanks.

somarco

Each company handles their policies differently. I cannot say for certain that what you have been told by the NYL agent is correct. What I can tell you is I have never heard of a carrier issuing a rider (of any sort) after the policy has been issued . . . much less after 5 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">