• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blew .016, still charged with OVI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Just wanted to give an update on my case - Both charges were dismissed today and my attorney is filing for the entire case to be expunged. He sees no reason why they wouldn't completely wipe it from my record.
Thank you for the update. Like Zigner, I think you were lucky with the dismissals. I bet you are relieved.

DC1377

Thank you for the update. Like Zigner, I think you were lucky with the dismissals. I bet you are relieved.
Yes, very relieved. I never drive if I am over the limit to begin with, but I never would have known that I could be charged with OVI even though I had only the equivalent of less then one beer in my system.
Thanks for all the advice.

Just Blue

Yes, very relieved. I never drive if I am over the limit to begin with, but I never would have known that I could be charged with OVI even though I had only the equivalent of less then one beer in my system.
You actually shouldn't drive if you have been drinking at all and certainly not WHILE driving. If you can't wait till you get home to crack a Tall Boy... that's a problem.

quincy

I guess you know now.

One problem with drinking any amount of alcohol before (or while) driving is that very few drivers are "perfect" drivers. It can be easy to get distracted when driving - and distracted driving can lead to a police stop.

In many states (including my state of Michigan), a driver can even be cited for driving with empty alcohol cans or bottles in the body of the car. These empties must be transported in the trunk.

At any rate, you are now smarter and that is a good thing.

adjusterjack

Just wanted to give an update on my case - Both charges were dismissed today and my attorney is filing for the entire case to be expunged. He sees no reason why they wouldn't completely wipe it from my record.
I hope you don't think that the dismissals mean you can drink and drive with impunity.

Don't think those dismissals mean you haven't been punished.

Attorney fees, court, uncertainty, all must have weighed heavily upon you for almost a year. And rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">