• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blind Spot Mirrors on Council trucks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wayne66

What is the name of your state? florida
I recently has to swerve to avoid hitting a municipality council truck that was picking up grasscutters on the side of a two lane highway. The truck was in the fast lane (left) driving 40 mph and I was on a motorcycle in the slow lane about 5 meters behind doing 50mph approaching my exit 800m ahead when without indicating or turning on his hazard lights swerved in front of me and pulled on to the shoulder of the road on the left side. I managed to get myself and the bike into the softer enbankment where my bike was written off and I ended up with a fractured vertebre. The council truck had no blind spot or secondary mirror attached to the main right side mirror. But I've been noticing that some council trucks do have blind spot mirrors and some don't. What is the law regarding bs mirrors on trucks?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">