• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blog shared with management

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? IL

Would management or their company really care what I've shared good or bad at my complex.l?

I created a anonymous blog to share with management my concerns and suggestions

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Would management or their company really care what I've shared good or bad at my complex.l?

Oh, come on...you KNOW that there is no way that we, a group of anonymous strangers on the internet can know if "management or their company" would "care". That is nowhere near a legal question.

quincy

It depends on what you share and how you share it.

If you identify the company or individuals and defame them, I imagine they would care.

As a note: Nothing you publish on the internet is truly anonymous.

adjusterjack

While I agree with the last two comments, over the past several decades I have read numerous reports of employees being fired for things they do online privately.

Understand that, in many circumstances, you are employed at will and can be fired for any reason, including saying on the internet something about, or to, your employer that your employer disapproves of.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
While I agree with the last two comments, over the past several decades I have read numerous reports of employees being fired for things they do online privately.

Understand that, in many circumstances, you are employed at will and can be fired for any reason, including saying on the internet something about, or to, your employer that your employer disapproves of.
The OP is talking about the apartment management, not an employer.

ETA: I understand that they could be an employer, but they're not the OP's employer.

quincy

An anonymous blog, by the way, is not the best way to address problems with a company. If you have a problem that the company has an ability to resolve, speak directly to the company to seek resolution. If you just want to complain, a private journal where you write down your thoughts is the legally safest way to vent.

adjusterjack

The OP is talking about the apartment management,
That's not revealed by either his question or the post title.

Though, in taking another look, I suppose I could have gleaned that from the forum in which the question was posted, had I looked at the forum title, which I didn't.

All the more reason for posters to provide appropriate information in the post.

quincy

That's not revealed by either his question or the post title.

Though, in taking another look, I suppose I could have gleaned that from the forum in which the question was posted, had I looked at the forum title, which I didn't.

All the more reason for posters to provide appropriate information in the post.
hatewinter has a posting history that can be informative.

zddoodah

Huh? Management of what? What is the difference between "management" and "their company"? Who are "they"? What things are you sharing and with whom? What sort of "complex" are you talking about? Most importantly, how could anyone here possibly know what some unknown person or persons will care about, and do you think your post raises any sort of legal issue?

If your intent was to communicate with a particular person or a discrete group of persons, why would you do that by an "anonymous blog"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">