• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blood Test Life Insurance Denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julieflg

What is the name of your state? IL
What exactly do they test for in the blood test for a life insurance policy? What would qualify for immediate rejection?

ellencee

Several years ago, I earned extra income by performing insurance physicals, which included obtaining blood samples. From this experience, I learned certain 'things' that cause life insurance policies to be denied. My answer is based on that experience and not current knowledge of insurance regs, OK?

HIV positive
positive ANA
illegal drugs
certain cardiac emzymes--the C3 complement, if I recall correctly
elevated liver enzymes
elevated PSA

The potential client should request to be retested by a physician of his or her choice and to appeal or reapply for life insurance; the life insurance company, however, is not under any obligation to offer the life insurance policy. The benefit would be the removal of denial of insurance based on findings in an insurance exam should the findings be inaccurate, with the exception of the ANA which often fluctuates negative and positive.

Hope that helps!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">