• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BMW recall notice not communicated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spidy009

I recently purchased a used BMW X3 from BMW dealership. I have been going to regular maintenance. During my 4th maintenance visit, a technician informed me that this car has a safety recall since 6 months before I purchased my vehicle. I am certain this was not mentioned to me during first three visit as well as when I purchased this car (point of sale). Are they not required legally to inform me this when I am buying this car? Should they have not communicated with me about recall during any of first three maintenance visit? After talking to them, they are telling me there was an internal error and that this should not have happened and have scheduled me an appt to fix recall asap. After knowing this, I feel that the safety of my child was compromised as recall was related to child seat belt locking issue. What can I expect in terms of resolving this? Any grounds for legal proceedings? Just asking for advice.

Thanks

justalayman

You don’t get to sue for “what if”.

If your child had been harmed you might have had a viable suit. Since your child wasn’t harmed, you don’t have the basis for a valid suit.

You didn’t include your state so specific state laws cannot be researched as to whether they were legally obligated to inform you of the outstanding recall.

xylene

Mentioned? I know you bought a luxury car, but you probably want to check your paperwork to be sure there wasn't a recall disclosure before you start suing over something that didn't happen.

They are apologetic, so ask for some car washes or an oil change or something, a rubber trunk liner. This is a customer service issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">