• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Body shop secretly swapped parts in car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The car in question was originally 197.7 inches long. Now its 191.1 inches long. The car was a mopar challenger with many performance parts designed for racing.. IE: tuned, lowered in front , exhaust upgraded, turbo , specialized suspension and wheels , leather seats, SRT style bumper and hood ect... these items (minus tires and leather seats) were swapped with generic and or stolen completely. Even transmission has original eteched id numbers seen under crude, hand-done etching on plate on side of bellhousing. Scan reports show fraud linking shop directly
So your accusation is that the body shop removed your expensive aftermarket performance parts and replaced them with stock parts. This includes the SRT style bumper, which could account for the shortening of the overall length.
As a purely engineering question, how did you measure the change in dimensions so accurately and in decimals?

Highwayman: your condescending remarks are unnecessary and make a joke of this site as one of its representatives.

Neilthecop: thank you for your question. May i add that the car has recently revealed that the shop has also put the rear end of a charger on to the car. Also had swapped transmission and attempted to re stamp metal tag with original car's transmission ID numbers. Also swapped key fob, ignition, immobilizer and wireless control module.

Just Blue

Highwayman: your condescending remarks are unnecessary and make a joke of this site as one of its representatives.

. May i add that the car has recently revealed that the shop has also put the rear end of a charger on to the car.
How did you not notice this until recently? What kind of car is it?

Neilthecop: thank you for your question. May i add that the car has recently revealed that the shop has also put the rear end of a charger on to the car. Also had swapped transmission and attempted to re stamp metal tag with original car's transmission ID numbers. Also swapped key fob, ignition, immobilizer and wireless control module.
Still doesn't answer the question about how you so accurately measured the shrinkage.

Body shops, like any other customer service provider that has to order inventory and make a list for payment from an outside company, make money by stealing top of the line market parts and replacing them with substandard equipment, stating that a purchase for a more expensive part was made when it was not that exact part- or at times not even ordered at all.

It is the same thing as being charged $7,000 for generic aspirin in the emergency room. "Markup" so to speak.

You may want to contact your insurance company and possibly find a PI if further evidence is needed. Insurance adjustors are usually pretty stringent on following policy. To protect yourself, it may be better to contact a manager and keep clear records of the conversations. Some even recommend recording, but I think you will know what is best in your situation.

It may even do you some good to alert local law enforcement. I'm not sure of the way to proceed legally, but if 7" of your car is now missing upon receipt, it seems that in basic terms, that is theft of some type. If this shop has done this so blatantly to you, I would think there are other victims involved and the police may already have an investigation pending, which could help when discussing the situation with the insurance agent.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Body shops, like any other customer service provider that has to order inventory and make a list for payment from an outside company, make money by stealing top of the line market parts and replacing them with substandard equipment...
That is an asinine blanket statement.

It is the same thing as being charged $7,000 for generic aspirin in the emergency room. "Markup" so to speak.
You really have no clue about business, do you?

You may want to contact your insurance company...
You didn't bother reading the original post, did you?
...and possibly find a PI if further evidence is needed.
Like what?
Insurance adjustors are usually pretty stringent on following policy.
Insurance is done.
To protect yourself, it may be better to contact a manager and keep clear records of the conversations.
A manager where?
Some even recommend recording, but I think you will know what is best in your situation.
...and some even recommend following the law in California, which is an "two party" consent state. Actually, ALL parties to a conversation must consent before recording.

It may even do you some good to alert local law enforcement. I'm not sure of the way to proceed legally, but if 7" of your car is now missing upon receipt, it seems that in basic terms, that is theft of some type.
This is a civil matter.
If this shop has done this so blatantly to you, I would think there are other victims involved and the police may already have an investigation pending, which could help when discussing the situation with the insurance agent.
There you go suggesting that the OP speak to the insurance company, which has already denied a claim.

Good luck.
Finally, some sound advice.

That is an asinine blanket statement.

You really have no clue about business, do you?

You didn't bother reading the original post, did you? Like what? Insurance is done. A manager where? ...and some even recommend following the law in California, which is an "two party" consent state. Actually, ALL parties to a conversation must consent before recording.

This is a civil matter. There you go suggesting that the OP speak to the insurance company, which has already denied a claim.

Finally, some sound advice.
Next time I'll have you proofread before I reply. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">