• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bond Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingricky777

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

if i have a 10,000 dollar bond what happens if i pay the whole 10,000 in full at the time it is given does this mean im free or it doesnt matter and i should just pay the 10% because i have a college fund from my parents since i was 2 and i was wondering if i could just pay the whole thing and be done with this ive heard hundreds of different aswers

cha0sman

kingricky777 said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

if i have a 10,000 dollar bond what happens if i pay the whole 10,000 in full at the time it is given does this mean im free or it doesnt matter and i should just pay the 10% because i have a college fund from my parents since i was 2 and i was wondering if i could just pay the whole thing and be done with this ive heard hundreds of different aswers
if you are out on bond and paid the bail bondsman the 1000 dollars you are out on bail this does not relieve you from the charges that was brought on you. there is no point of paying the 10k over again? you are already out 1,000.

JETX

kingricky777 said:
The bond is simply to make sure that you show up at the time/date/place required for your legal processes. It is not a 'get out of jail' free card where, upon payment, all your problems simply disappear.

If you show up at all the times required, the bond will be returned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">