• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus and quitting before payout date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonus_boy

What is the name of your state? IL

I am a non-exempt professional employee. I have worked in large company (company A) the whole of performance period Jan -Dec 31 2018. The bonus payout is 2nd week of March 2019. I have an excellent offer from another company (Company B) and have to quit my current job in Feb 2019.
I need some expert advice to see if there any laws that will help me get 2018 bonus even after I quit company A.
Thaks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? IL

I am a non-exempt professional employee. I have worked in large company (company A) the whole of performance period Jan -Dec 31 2018. The bonus payout is 2nd week of March 2019. I have an excellent offer from another company (Company B) and have to quit my current job in Feb 2019.
I need some expert advice to see if there any laws that will help me get 2018 bonus even after I quit company A.
Thaks
Many companies have a policy of not awarding a bonus to an employee who is not still employed when the bonus payout times comes. Its all going to boil down to what your employment agreement/contract says, assuming that you have one and what company policy says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">