• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bonus issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gary3050

What is the name of your state? new jersey received a yearly sales bonus, for personal reasons had to leave my position the same day. the bonus check was direct deposited into my checking account. when i checked my account activities today, there was a reversal of those funds. is this legal? what are my options as it was a sizeable amount???

pattytx

According to federal banking regulations, I believe you have to be notified of a reversal of directly deposited funds (Veronica?).

Other than that, what does the bonus plan document (hopefully there is one, and you have a copy of it) about having to be employed when bonuses are paid? Although I have to admit this sounds like sour grapes, it may or may not be something that the state DOL would pursue, especially because this was a bonus and not regular wages.

Veronica1228

pattytx said:
According to federal banking regulations, I believe you have to be notified of a reversal of directly deposited funds (Veronica?).
I'm not aware of any such Fed Reg. Mostly ACH transactions are governed by NACHA rules not the typical Fed Regs (A-FF). I'd have to do some research though to find out for sure.

pattytx

Thanks, Veronica. I thought I saw that somewhere, but don't remember where. Maybe it was the NACHA rules. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">