• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus not given because i gave notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You know that is a FLSA phrase. I've always thought it was funny and use it from time to time.

As for the date I wrote. I'm thinking about writing 2018 instead of 2017 that from time to time I err the other way.
I didn't know that it is a FLSA phrase. Suffered to work just seems so peculiar. LMAO. :D:p And I was just picking on you. At least we are writing 2018 early in the year.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
THat was likely because the way the bonus was structured. If what the OP says is 100% correct the requirement to receive the bonus was simply to be an employee through 12/31/17. That would mean it was considered earned at that time.
Oh, absolutely it could - I won't go so far as to say it would. But my point is that just because it's California doesn't mean that it's across the board payable in all situations, as at least one poster implied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">