• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sehore

What is the name of your state? : CA

I used to work for a software comsultancy company based in VA. I worked for this company for 4 years. My offer letter clearly says that after completing 3 years, I will get approx 8 lac Indian Rs. (Approx $20,000) in bonus. I have sent so many emails and left voice mail, but they are not responding to me.

Could anybody tell me, Can I take any legal action.

TIA
Sehore

pattytx

Did you actually perform the work in California? Just curious, because you referred to getting paid in Indian rupees.

Sehore

Yes

I was consultant , I worked in NY, VT, TX and CA during my 4 years stay in Company. Company is based in VA and they also have office in India, Appointment letter clearly say 8 Lakhs Indian Rupees (Approx $20k)

TIA

Beth3

You need to show the contract to an attorney and obtain an expert legal opinon. If the employer violated the contract, your recourse will be to file suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">