• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocky10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

I was recently terminated from my job at a bank. Before being fiired there was a competition between all of our company banks. The award was for best performance and biggest increase in customers The winning branch was an all expense trip to Mexico for me and my wife. Being the manager of the bank was why my position was given the trip. Of course as you might can tell I won the trip. Shortly after I was terminated by my regional mgr. Personality issues. Am I still entitled to the trip or compensation since I earned it while employed. The trip was in less than a month after termination.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That is entirely up to the terms under which the contest was offered. It is not addressed by law.

pattytx

It's very unlikely that there is a contractual obligation for the company to provide the trip to a now terminated employee. A branch manager whose branch which wins a performance and "most new customers" contest, then whose manager is fired a month later? Somehow, I don't think we have the full story here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">