• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Borrower Intervenor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweettweet

I live in Louisiana.

I inherited a property from my parents after I was married. My husband and I borrowed money to renovate the property but I only used my income. He is deceased now but going through the paperwork just recently I noticed that he was listed as a borrower intervenor. I need know what that means because he has children and I didn't open succession because I had no idea he had shares in the property.

He did leave a will giving up any rights to the property but that was a formality so that his grown children would not harass me. None of the paperwork that I have has his name listed but I dont have the deeds to the property. The property was paid off after Hurricane Katrina.:

FlyingRon

Intervenor means he's not a party (on the deed).

Being a borrower or fixing things up doesn't give him an ownership interest. Unless you deeded something to him, it's still yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">