• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Borrowing images for Web pages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pdb

If I create a Web page for someone, and she/he wants an image or sound clip included for which she/he has not asked for permission from the owner of the image (or sound clip), who is legally responsible for its use? Is it the Web page creator, or the person for whom the Web page was created (i.e. the person who owns the URL to which it is published)?

I would be grateful for your advice in this matter. Thanks!

Paul Bentley

ALawyer

It is not borrowing, but stealing.

The chances are both the owner and the person who actively takes it (you) could be held civily and perhaps criminally liable.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">