• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boss failed to tell anyone of my employment for the company and never been payed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCMXCIV

I live in the the state of VA.

I was employed for a brief moment until a motor vehicle accident left me unable to work. I had worked 4 days for the company. I did not have an employee number yet but my boss stated she was able to input my hours. Came to found out that was not the case and she failed to tell anyone of my employment or that I was waiting for my wages to be given to me. This issue has been known since November.

Is this against some sort of labor law of some sort?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let's just be clear here; the ONLY thing that is illegal is your not being paid.

justalayman

Can you support your claim you actually worked those 4 days? Witnesses?

What has your former boss said about this? It sure sounds like a simple fix for the boss to correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">