• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both parents against the attorney general

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dhart1977

What is the name of your state? Texas
So our daughter was on Medicaid then after her mom lost her job she applied for adult Medicaid too.i then get a letter from the ag saying they were coming for child support and the mom and I had a meeting to negotiate terms. From the word go they talked to me like a was a Nazi war criminal. Both the mom and I went in several times and told them we got my daughter on my company insurance and we wanted to close the case. We both take care of our daughter, she's never wanted for anything a day in her life. Every time they told us she still showed to be on Medicaid even over a month after she was dropped from it. There was a court date that neither of us went to due to us trying to handle this out of court. Finally the day before the second court date we go back up there for the 4th time to try and close it and get told since legal actions have started we had to talk to the judge. We waste the next day at court only to get in front of the judge and have the attorney say they were after child support and nothing else. We tried explaining the situation but the judge just sat there with his hands on his lap looking at us like we were the worst parents in the planet. In the end he ordered 300 a month in child support and now I got an invoice for the court costs as well. This went well beyond what it should have gone as we were both taking care of it outside of their control. We still want it all closed but apparently the AG can't be bothered to listen. My next Friday off we both plan to go to the office again and order them to close it as we have proof our daughter was not on Medicaid since February. Anyone have any suggestions where to go from here to get them to do as we say and close it? Yeah we're both angry about it as the care of our daughter was never in question.

adjusterjack

What is it that you are objecting to?

That you officially have to pay $300 child support?

Or the way the AG is treating you?

Dhart1977

What is it that you are objecting to?

That you officially have to pay $300 child support?

Or the way the AG is treating you?
Neither of us wanted the state involved in the raising of our daughter. We were both against the child support and we both did what we were told to do to get the case closed but every time we tried it seemed like they kept trying to find reasons to keep it going. We want all of it closed period.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You do realize that your daughter was receiving insurance from the state by being on Medicaid, yes? Despite your having access to insurance? Are you really surprised that the state (a) would like to be reimbursed and (b) wants to make sure that the child does not need further state aid by making sure you pay CS?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Texas
So our daughter was on Medicaid then after her mom lost her job she applied for adult Medicaid too.i then get a letter from the ag saying they were coming for child support and the mom and I had a meeting to negotiate terms. From the word go they talked to me like a was a Nazi war criminal. Both the mom and I went in several times and told them we got my daughter on my company insurance and we wanted to close the case. We both take care of our daughter, she's never wanted for anything a day in her life. Every time they told us she still showed to be on Medicaid even over a month after she was dropped from it. There was a court date that neither of us went to due to us trying to handle this out of court. Finally the day before the second court date we go back up there for the 4th time to try and close it and get told since legal actions have started we had to talk to the judge. We waste the next day at court only to get in front of the judge and have the attorney say they were after child support and nothing else. We tried explaining the situation but the judge just sat there with his hands on his lap looking at us like we were the worst parents in the planet. In the end he ordered 300 a month in child support and now I got an invoice for the court costs as well. This went well beyond what it should have gone as we were both taking care of it outside of their control. We still want it all closed but apparently the AG can't be bothered to listen. My next Friday off we both plan to go to the office again and order them to close it as we have proof our daughter was not on Medicaid since February. Anyone have any suggestions where to go from here to get them to do as we say and close it? Yeah we're both angry about it as the care of our daughter was never in question.
Please go to the US National Holocaust Museum before you start spewing your crap. You come across as an ignorant jerk. No one has gassed your child or you or your ex. No one has stolen your property. Before you become known as a BIGOT educate your stupid self.

Eekamouse

Please go to the US National Holocaust Museum before you start spewing your crap. You come across as an ignorant jerk. No one has gassed your child or you or your ex. No one has stolen your property. Before you become known as a BIGOT educate your stupid self.
Wait. What? Shouldn't that be nobody has accused him of gassing men, women, and children of the Jewish faith or stealing belongings of Jewish people? :unsure:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Wait. What? Shouldn't that be nobody has accused him of gassing men, women, and children of the Jewish faith or stealing belongings of Jewish people? :unsure:
...Or suggest that he should keep cyanide tablets on hand in case he doesn't get his way.

Why? Plenty of non-Jews were victims of the Holocaust. Or maybe I'm missing your point.
The point is that OP is alleging that he was treated like a Nazi war criminal - i.e. someone who was responsible for the death camp atrocities, like the defendants at the Nuremburg trials.

He's thinking he's being treated like a social pariah for standing up for his (incorrect) beliefs.

Dhart1977

You do realize that your daughter was receiving insurance from the state by being on Medicaid, yes? Despite your having access to insurance? Are you really surprised that the state (a) would like to be reimbursed and (b) wants to make sure that the child does not need further state aid by making sure you pay CS?
I wasn't able to get her on mine until I changed jobs, which happened before the case went to court. The reason for the case was handled before any judge heard it. We don't agree with any of it and want to know how to close it.

Dhart1977

The question I asked was how to we go about getting the case closed, not what people opinions are on it. The only reason why our daughters Medicaid got brought up was because her mom got adult Medicaid. Both my sons had Medicaid growing up and no one ever went after their mother to pay it. We don't need the state involved in the raising of our daughter if we've already taken care of what the complaint was originally.

justalayman

I wasn't able to get her on mine until I changed jobs, which happened before the case went to court. The reason for the case was handled before any judge heard it. We don't agree with any of it and want to know how to close it.
You’re missing the point

The child was on Medicaid. The state wants to be repaid. It isn’t your choice and you don’t get to demand anything be closed until the state is repaid. As long as the child is no longer on Medicaid you would be able to cancel child support going forward so ask how much you owe for the arrears.

Dhart1977

You’re missing the point

The child was on Medicaid. The state wants to be repaid. It isn’t your choice and you don’t get to demand anything be closed until the state is repaid. As long as the child is no longer on Medicaid you would be able to cancel child support going forward so ask how much you owe for the arrears.
That's what I've been trying to explain. They started the whole thing in January, I moved her to my work insurance in February, the court date was last week. The main, and only, thing was taken care of a month before we went to court since they said we had to but the proof we had that she wasn't on it anymore was ignored.

justalayman

I owe nothing as the judgement happened just last week.
You would owe for this period:

So our daughter was on Medicaid then after her mom lost her job she applied for adult Medicaid too.i then get a letter from the ag saying they were coming for child support an
Until she was removed from the Medicaid rolls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">