• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bothering me on the Internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SuperKid

Hi! I got a question, but don't know if I can do anything about it. I have this guy who is bothering me on the Internet. He was on a mailing list, said some bad things against a group of people. I spoke up against him and he got mad. Now he is not on the list anymore. I know it is him - he used my name to write some nasty things on a news forum. Now, he is signing my guestbook under different user's and writes bad things. He uses profanity and won't stop. I've already contacted his ISP 3 times via email - Earthlink - but have not heard anything. The only proof I have is that my guestbook records the IP address of the person who submits the entry. One time he used 3 different names to sign my guestbook, but the IP address was all the same and it traces back to Earthlink. Is there anything I can do, because it has become a real problem. I don't email him and he doesn't email me directly but I know it is him behind this. It's emotionally draining to deal with him. Am I stuck and must deal with it or is there anything that can be done? Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">