• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a Mattress from a Store, the Retailer Refuse to Deliver It

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pengtsen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I purchased a mattress for 800$ from a retailer store (MattressOne), it gave me back pains after sleeping on it for a few days, so I decide to exchange to another mattress which is granted by their 120 day comfort guarantee.

So I visited the same store and exchanged to another mattress with adjustable base, the price of the whole set is $200 higher, so I paid them extra $200 and $79.98 transportation fee with corresponding tax.

The new mattress is supposed to be delivered on May 27th but it didn't, I tried to call their customer service many times and finally a "district manager" called me back, the guy said the sales person "made a mistake" on this, according to their company policy, I can only change the mattress to another mattress, not mattress to mattress and base. The guy called me again on the same day, this time he said that their “sales person made a mistake on the price, the actual price of the new mattress and base is much higher than what I paid”.

So, they refuse to deliver what I purchased.

Do you guys think if this is a fraud? if so, what options do I have?

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">