• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought magazines by phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tkc

A few months back I agreed to buy some magazines via a phone solicitation. It turns out the price I am being charged ($58/mo.) and the term (4 yrs.) is not what I agreed to. I have contacted the company and they say they have my phone agreement tape recorded. They've indicated I cannot cancel this agreement. I have already paid two or three monthly payments via automated billing to my credit card. Can I legally terminate this contract? How should I go about it? Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tkc said:
Can I legally terminate this contract?
My response:

Not if you agreed to it. Breach of contract could cost you more than you bargained for.

Now, if you're under the age of 18, then yes, you could cancel the contract. That's about it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">