• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought something on craigslist and has problems with it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

Of course, but I am very angry. I am unemployed right now as well.
I was very angry at my ex. For a much better reason than you have shown here. I didn't smash his 1968 mint condition Les Paul Classic. Because that would be stupid and criminal. And I am not a stupid woman nor a criminal and would HATE to go to jail for something so petty.

Understand??

jsl922

I was very angry at my ex. For a much better reason than you have shown here. I didn't smash his 1968 mint condition Les Paul Classic. Because that would be stupid and criminal. And I am not a stupid woman nor a criminal and would HATE to go to jail for something so petty.

Understand??
smashing his car because he cheated on your or something isn't really a good way to get even with someone..

Just Blue

No I don't want to be jailed. But obviously people like this guy thinks as long as he can get away by scamming aka stealing it's ok to continue.

It was a joke.. I'm not actually going to key his car.
Good. If you find his car wait and follow him home (to get his address). Then file a small claims case. Do NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE GUY!

quincy

Do you actually mean it or are you trying to be sarcastic a hole online like many other posters here?
No. I was not being sarcastic. I honestly wish you good luck in your job search.

edit to add: Nothing prevents you from filing suit - but you have no legal basis for a lawsuit.

quincy

Thank you then. I appreciate your advice I guess.
I know that what has been said has not been what you wanted to hear from us when you came to this forum looking for information and advice. Your "thanks," therefore, are especially appreciated.

Good luck.

Just Blue

smashing his car because he cheated on your or something isn't really a good way to get even with someone..
A Les Paul isn't a car, Honey...lol.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCLSTRNH--gibson-les-paul-classic-translucent-cherry?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3251364858&rkg_id=0&utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=aaShopping - Core - Guitars&utm_term=ProductType3=solidbody guitarsBrand=gibson&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - Core - Guitars&adgroup=Guitars - Electric Guitars&placement=bing&creative=78065365366872&device=c&matchtype=e&msclkid=21457ecf4db114188ecf23c9f01ee6cf

My ex's was a '68-'70...in mint condition with mahogany finish and 18 carrot gold trim AND the mother of pearl frets. A truly beautiful instrument. Worth around 15k.

But you're right. Breaking a work of art because I'm mad is silly. and criminal. that was my point.

He didn't cheat btw...the break up isn't why I was mad at him. ;)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I did further test it.. there wasn't anything wrong with it until like hours later, things started to fall apart real quick
So then how can you say with certainty that the seller knew about this when it didn't start happening until "hours later"?

Bottom line is you cannot. You can ASSUME that but would that hold up in court? I doubt it.

In addition to the fact that you have no idea who this guy is - so how would you go about suing him?

You should accept the fact that you purchased a possibly lousy used piece of electronic equipment. From my perspective you have two choices really - dump it in the garbage (or actually recycle it) and buy something else or go through the process of fixing the problem components.

Face reality - you're not getting a refund.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can't really be so naive as to believe every ad for used equipment as being absolutely accurate as to condition, are you? Any twelve year old would know better than to assume a Craigslist ad is accurate when it describes the condition. Why didn't you?

quincy

You can't really be so naive as to believe every ad for used equipment as being absolutely accurate as to condition, are you? Any twelve year old would know better than to assume a Craigslist ad is accurate when it describes the condition. Why didn't you?
jsl922 said he knew buying used items on Craigslist was a risk.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well then. He can hardly complain. He's been going on and on for pages about how the guy lied to him, but he knew the ad couldn't be trusted; he tested the computer, saw a problem, and chose to buy it anyway. He's hardly in a position to complain about it now.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
OP could have purchased a new PC and had problems within hours as well. I delivered and set up a PC and had to go out the next day because it wasn't booting. The CPU fan wasn't fastened on. This was just out of the box brand-new. But, there was a solution - HP replaced that PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">