• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bounced checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cokey

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? iowa

well, i know that we messed up. first the tenant had all kinds of lame excuses as to why they hadnt paid the rent. then the checks bounced. we gave the checks back because they told us the bank needed them to check on the account. I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT!!! can we still sue them in court? can i sopeana the checks from them in court? we did the three day notice to pay up or get out. they got out. can i sue for the balance of the contract? they trashed my property too. we are not greedy, we just want what we are owed!! thank you for any help you can give. cokey. :(

Veronica1228

cokey said:

well, i know that we messed up. first the tenant had all kinds of lame excuses as to why they hadnt paid the rent. then the checks bounced. we gave the checks back because they told us the bank needed them to check on the account. I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT!!! can we still sue them in court? can i sopeana the checks from them in court? we did the three day notice to pay up or get out. they got out. can i sue for the balance of the contract? they trashed my property too. we are not greedy, we just want what we are owed!! thank you for any help you can give. cokey. :(
Your bank has copies of these checks. They might even indemnify them for you.

south

Your statement should show returned checks plus you should ask at the bank they normaly have copies of the returned/deposited checks.

cokey said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">