• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend lied about my car insurance now my car is wrecked.i want him to pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WreckedOver

Ive lived with my bf since oct 17. I was working caring for myself then he didnt want me working outside the home. Said he would take care of everything as well as weekly money for myself. Fast forward to dec 18. I had an accident in my car. Comes to find out there was no insurance on it. Im still living in his house as of today but tge relationship is over. He still has not made any efforts to fix my car. The windshield is busted out its had rain in it i cant even drive it to go find a job. So can i hold him responsible for the damage since he said he was taking care of the insurance.

WreckedOver

Not the answer I was hoping for. It seems like he would have to be responsible in some way. I mean we lived together almost 2 yrs he took care of EVERYTHING. I seriously had no way of knowing or a reason to doubt that it wasn't covered

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not the answer I was hoping for. It seems like he would have to be responsible in some way. I mean we lived together almost 2 yrs he took care of EVERYTHING. I seriously had no way of knowing or a reason to doubt that it wasn't covered
Then you were not being an adult and taking care of your responsibilities at all. IT is YOUR responsibility to make sure any vehicle you drive is insured for you to drive it.

Eekamouse

Maybe if you were married and not just shacking up, you could hope he'd care enough to insure your vehicle since you don't want to do it yourself. It's your responsibility to verify you have car insurance before driving your car. He didn't even have the accident. You did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">