• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BOZO as Managing Agent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zippee123

What is the name of your state?IL
How does a group of homeowners (condo) go about removing the current management company/agent? This guy hired to manage our complex will not respond to any form of communication from owners. He is arrogant and dismissive at meetings. Board members don't seem to object to him in that he creates sort of a distance/buffer between them and the owners. His latest was to hire an unbonded, uninsured company to do some structural repairs without building code approval. Since individual owners were directed to pay for half of the repairs (balcony), I felt at that point I became the "employer" of this company and requested appropriate documents which apparently did not exist because the project was swiftly cancelled.
Board meeting in mid September. I want to be fully prepared to begin removal process of this Bozo and his company.
What steps? Also, should individual property owners have to pay (any/all)for structural repairs to a balcony? Thanks.

Last edited:

Zippee123

I have done quite a bit of research, including reading docs and bylaws. If I had wanted my mother's answer, I would have called her. (tee hee)
Our Association choses to use a property manager. They hired this one. He sucks. What does a lowly owner have to do to get someone's attention and have this company removed. I did not find information on removal.
Besides...if we all read and understood all docs, this site would not apparently exist.

FarmerJ

zippo do you live in a rural county with no local ordinances or anyone to enforce ordinances or local zoning offices that regulate who can work on what with out permits?

HomeGuru

I remember watching the show and these kids were doing this egg race game. You know, the one where you place the egg on a teaspoon and race others. One boy dropped his egg and said "ah sh*t" Bozo heard him and said "That's a BOZO no no" The kid replied "F*ck you clown" Then the tv station immedialety went to a commercial. This is a true story.

You Are Guilty

HomeGuru said:
I remember watching the show and these kids were doing this egg race game. You know, the one where you place the egg on a teaspoon and race others. One boy dropped his egg and said "ah sh*t" Bozo heard him and said "That's a BOZO no no" The kid replied "F*ck you clown" Then the tv station immedialety went to a commercial. This is a true story.
You appear to be the only living witness to this event :p

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/bozo.htm

Zippee123

Looks like any one of you clowns could step into his size 19's and do the job of our current Property Manager with ease.
Since this is a "free advice" forum, here is some. Don't quit your day jobs.

Zippee123

FarmerJ- Yes, plenty of regulation in my town. But the needed work would probably have been completed "below the radar". And, certainly, below building code standards. Maintenance guy said that the cost would easily double if the Village got involved. My letter requesting permit, insurance and code information is what caused the project to shut down. Now my problem is trying to run this property manager clown out of the "little car". Board meeting in 2 weeks and was looking to jump start the process of removal with some help from fellow condo dwellers. Instead my mother responds and tells me to read the docs...

FarmerJ

Then gather proof of all work done with out a permit and use your associations rules and your proofs to get the manager replaced. Do any of your nieghbors have anything to say about what expenses they will have to pay when your city orders non permitted work to be ripped out and done over or some day a insuarnce claim being denied because the insurance company learns that work that should have been done by professionals with lic and bonding and permits and wasnt? remind your nieghbors that if things are done with out permits it could affect them when they go to sell someday as well. If your nieghbors understand the ripple effects this could have on there own wallets perhaps they too will become involved .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">