• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brakes fall off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TX2018

TX. Question if I take my care to an auto shop to get the brakes repaired on a Tuesday pay close to 2000 and then take it back on Thursday and tell them that something is not right its driver no fun and they check it and say it's the power steering pump then on Saturday driving down the highway and lose all braking functions vise the caliper on the drive side fell off and was hanging driping fluid ( there was no accident car locked up after hitting the brake to the floor multiple times) what should I do

Last edited:

TX2018

Question if I take my care to an auto shop to get the brakes repaired on a Tuesday pay close to 2000 and then take it back on Thursday and tell them that something is not right its driver no fun and they check it and say it's the power steering pump then on Saturday driving down the highway and lose all braking functions vise the caliper on the drive side fell off and was hanging driping fluid ( there was no accident car locked up after hitting the brake to the floor multiple times) what should I do

justalayman

Have the car towed off the highway would be a good start (that’s a joke)

The question is: what do you want to do?

You could take it back to the first garage and have them fix it. If it was their fault I would expect the repair to be at no cost. If something failed that they are not liable for, the cost is on you. You can take it to another garage (make sure it is a garage the mechanic is willing to testify in court for you) and either get a statement of whether it is the first garage fault or just a part failure and it isn’t anybkdy’s fault.

If it was just coincidence, the cost is on you. If it is the first garage’s fault you can either ask the first garage to repair it for free or have the second garage repair it and make a demand for payment to the first garage. If they refuse you would probably have to sue them.

Last edited:

TX2018

They towed the car back you their shop and replaced the broken parts plus some other parts which was supost to been done the first time.hmmmm so what do I do???? I just don't want them to brush this under the rug and just take a sorry. QA should of checked it make sure all the bolts where tighten luckily there was not an accident. Somebody or people need to be held accountable

justalayman

You don’t get to sue for “what if” or “could have”. So what are your actual out of pocket damages??

quincy

If your question is about car locked up at highway, then you can tow it for moving from there. as you have told that you had repaired the brakes and it is still giving problem. It is better to go to good service provider and service your vehicle and repair the damages, so that you will not face this problem again.
Two things, LouisRene: One, this thread is from January and the original poster has not been back to the forum since that time. Reviving older threads is frowned upon on this forum. And, two, you need to actually read posts before responding to them. It is clear that you didn't do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">