• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

break requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flahcw

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida.
I am a supervisor in a hospital rehab department. Once a week or once every 2 weeks, we hold a department meeting during the "30 min." break time (not lunch time). Employees are concerned that this is illegal. My boss have told them that Florida does not require an employer to provide "breaks", but the employees still do not believe that. Do you know of any website/publications/etc. we can refer to in order to put this issue to rest?
Thank you

Last edited:

CROTCH ROT

flahcw said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida.
I am a supervisor in a hospital rehab department. Once a week or once every 2 weeks, we hold a department meeting during the "30 min." break time (not lunch time). Employees are concerned that this is illegal. My boss have told them that Florida does not require an employer to provide "breaks", but the employees still do not believe that. Do you know of any website/publications/etc. we can reference to in order to put this issue to rest?
Thank you

Do you know how to use a telephone to call the Florida Department of Labor?

Do you know how to use Google to look up the Florida Department of Labor?

Apparently, you must have crotch rot.

M

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's hard to post a link to a law that doesn't exist. It's not that there's a law saying employers in FL don't have to provide breaks; it's that there isn't a law saying that they do.

What I generally do is turn it back on them; I tell them to show me the law that says it's illegal, and tell them I'll change the policy when they do.

flahcw

CROTCH ROT said:
Do you know how to use a telephone to call the Florida Department of Labor?

Do you know how to use Google to look up the Florida Department of Labor?

Apparently, you must have crotch rot.

M
Do you know how long the F D of L keeps you on hold when you call them? And do you know how many times you get transfered from 1 person to another?
Do you know how much time I spent on Google looking this up?
Do you know how I found this site? By using Google.
I thought this site could help me out. That's all.
So you know what to do with your sarcasmes....

Thanks cbg. Your reply pretty much answers my question.

Gadfly

You were helped. You were told there is no such law.

You couldn't google it becasue there is nothing to google.

It's not "against the law" because there is no such law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">