• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dev17a

State: MO

My attorney has not bothered to file paperwork that he is required to in three (3) months. He also does not return my phone calls when I ask about the case. Now there has been a filing of 'Notice of Hearing' re: 'Motion to Enforce Settlement Agreement and Joint Stipulated Parenting Plan, Pending Entry of Judgment'. I don't even fully know what this filing means. I have not been able to speak with him in over 6 weeks. When I last spoke to him he said he'd have the plan out within a week. Obviously, this never happened.

Is this breach of contract on his part? What is my recourse with this man?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

dev17a said:
State: MO

My attorney has not bothered to file paperwork that he is required to in three (3) months. He also does not return my phone calls when I ask about the case. Now there has been a filing of 'Notice of Hearing' re: 'Motion to Enforce Settlement Agreement and Joint Stipulated Parenting Plan, Pending Entry of Judgment'. I don't even fully know what this filing means. I have not been able to speak with him in over 6 weeks. When I last spoke to him he said he'd have the plan out within a week. Obviously, this never happened.

Is this breach of contract on his part? What is my recourse with this man?
**A: fire him and file a complaint with the approriate licensing office.

D

dev17a

that brings up an often asked question - how long does he have to release my files to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">