• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dowhat

two young adults are on probation for a felony charge. I have recently discovered they are stealing from stores and involving younger children. they have not been caught stealing. should I report this to their probation officer? what can I do to help break these young adults into being responsible adults??

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Hmm, what is the line between tattle tale and civic duty? I think, if you have personally seen the crimes and know for a fact they are involving others and stealing (which affects store owners, consumers, and taxpayers in the long run), then perhaps you should tip the police. DO not expose yourself to possible harassment.

If you want to get more info, try contacting the d.a's office and asking about civic responsibility or moral duties (or lack of) without naming yourself.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">