• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breath test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpme105

What is the name of your state? ny
I am on 1 year interim-porbation and part of probation is to have alcohol conditions. every time i see my PO i take a breath test. how long does alcohol stay in the body, because i went to a weeding and had a some drinks. will it show up 3 days later.

CdwJava

helpme105 said:
What is the name of your state? ny
I am on 1 year interim-porbation and part of probation is to have alcohol conditions. every time i see my PO i take a breath test. how long does alcohol stay in the body, because i went to a weeding and had a some drinks. will it show up 3 days later.
I presume you meant to write that you went to a "wedding" ... a "weeding" would seem to indicate a long day on your knees pulling dandelions from the lawn.

The alcohol would have been purged from your body within hours.

Be careful ... violating the terms of your probation can have serious consequences. And lying to them about drinking at the wedding can have the same consequences as a dirty test.

- Carl

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

..... and using that same curve, you can now figure out that your PO will not fall for it if you get a positive reading, and you claim to have drank a number of days ago, wedding or weeding.

thanrah1

Breathalyzers

A Breathalyzer test where results come out positive by a Probation officer is presumptive evidence, a more detailed (and expensive) test (blood, urine) would then be conducted to determine how long alcohol or any other substance has been in your system, depending on the test being utilized, assuming your Breathalyzer test came out negative there would be no reason to go any further with the testing procedure......

CdwJava

thanrah1 said:
A Breathalyzer test where results come out positive by a Probation officer is presumptive evidence, a more detailed (and expensive) test (blood, urine) would then be conducted to determine how long alcohol or any other substance has been in your system, depending on the test being utilized, assuming your Breathalyzer test came out negative there would be no reason to go any further with the testing procedure......
It depends on the policy in that state. In my county in CA the breath test would be sufficient - particularly if performed on a device that also meets the standards for the state mandated chemical test for DUI drivers.

For a probation violation, they are not likely to spend the money for a blood or urine test analysis. But, different states and counties have different policies.

- Carl

CdwJava

helpme105 said:
so i guess the answer would be no, alcohol will not show up in my body after two days.
Correct. It should not be present after two days ... unless you drank yourself into a virtual coma and your body was unable to purge the poison from your system in 48 hours.

- Carl

LSCAP

I have to stay out of this section, I keep seeing the wall in any M.A.D.D. office full of beautiful people, all DEAD.

I can feel sorry for the guy with one beer hours earlier and a bad metabolism, or my friends 25 year old son who had a beer 36 hours earlier, then went without sleep for 36 hrs and the cops in that town played with the test machines, till his mother screamed for a boss.

but people who don't want to learn. Or think its a game....

Every one of them on probation should be required to go to M.A.D.D and study the pictures for 15 minutes before going to the probation officer.

Sorry. some here know I have a liberal tendency but..

somajr

Hey LSCAP

You kick ass! People are idiots thinking that there is a perfect way to get around the law. The law is there to keep people alive! These dummies don't get that. Some laws are ways for the govt. to take money but if there was only one law in the US it should be the drunk driving laws. I have a CDL and I can only blow .04 at all times..I thought that this law stunk until I realized that it is a standard that is reasonable. I think that if I am within about 3 feet of alcohol I would blow .04 or better. I weigh only about 152. Guess what the idiots are already looking it up on some chart to see if I am right!

Wait....how could I be so missguided....why don't they just have drunk driving classes so that drunk drivers will just perform better while drunk! Then they can raise the limit! You dummies should try and collect ballots for that one!

CdwJava

craigblitz said:
I am willing to bet 10 to 1 that the people who make the biggest jerks of themselves on here talk on the cell phone while driving and that is as big of impairment as alcohol.
Maybe (and that's debatable) ... but at least their "impairment" ends when they stop chatting on the phone. The DUI driver's impairment just keeps rolling on til the end of the ride.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">