• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bring jurisdiction to where the child is

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I currenty live in Iowa and my soon to be ex lives in Texas, he filed for divorce in Jan. and I have not heard from him since. Since he has filed first jurisdiction is in Texas, If I Counter-file, will the jurisdiction be brought to Iowa, where the child resides?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential