• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bringing my wife to the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? CA

My fiance applied for a visa to come back to the US but her visa was rejected. Can I marry her in her home country and then bring her to the US with me?

I hope somebody can give me some information about it. :)


Thanks a lot for your answer. So, if I'm not wrong, the steps to follow are...
1- Marry her in her home country
2- File form I-130 on her behalf at the US Embassy in her country.
3- Come back to the US and file form I-797 and form I-129F
4- She applies for a K-3 visa at the US Embassy in her country and if the K-3 visa is approved she can enter the US.
Is that correct? How long does all the process until she can enter the country take?
Another question... Am I legally married in the US if I marry her in her country?
Thanks. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential