• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Ankle while Coaching

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

From the link given:

(b) “Employee” means every person, including a minor, in the service of another, under any contract of hire or apprenticeship, written or implied, except one whose employment is both casual and not in the usual course of the trade, business, occupation, or profession of the employer.

It seems to me that, under their definition (an implied contract), the OP is more likely than not to be considered an employee.
From what the OP said he was working he just hadn't yet done the paperwork.

quincy

However, he was asked to go out on the field to coach the kids for practice.
"The head coach says it's not a worker compensation case because I wasn't supposed to be out on the field practicing with the guys."

lilmuskrat said he had not completed final paperwork to become an employee and he had not gone through orientation.

It sounds to me as if lilmuskrat was prehire.

Again, though, our guesses will not be as good as a determination made by a professional in Indiana who can review the text message exchanges and any paperwork provided lilmuskrat by the college.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">